Tuesday, July 12, 2005

WHAT??? A MAN????

Yesterday was an interesting day. I found myself not very nervous and I hadn’t spent as much time with my notes as I thought I was going to. Jason helps me unload all my gear at the clinic seeing as he had an appointment with the Chiropractor at 9:30 AM anyway. I got busy setting up my table and making the room just perfect. Put some nice candles in the window, great music on the CD player. The room is perfect.

Kim is wonderful. She helped me so much with everything. Then she asks me if I feel ready for Mr. X? Um… Mr. X??? A Man??? WHAT???? I’ve never done a treatment on a man before… OH NO!!!! We studied this, there are some slight differences, especially on the face. Razor stubble makes the technique a little different. I haven’t even practiced this on a man yet. OMG… OK.. my heart is racing like crazy. Oh well, just go with the flow is what I keep telling myself.

Turned out Mr. X cancelled his appointment as he just got a promotion at work and needs to rework his schedule. WHEW!!!! THANK GOD!!!! I better practice on Jason as soon as I’m able to. WOW… talk about anxiety!!!

Anyway, I spent the day at the clinic, had all my treatments, helped put together a new treadmill for the gym area, and studied my notes in my peaceful, quiet treatment room. I’ll be all set for my first patient, today at 11:00 AM… AND IT’S A WOMAN!!!!!!!!

No comments: