Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Difficult day for learning.

Today was the second class in nutrition. I was in a lot of pain today and was grateful that I didn’t have to do anything physical as my back was crying out with sharp pains. I found it incredibly difficult to concentrate today. I guess the events of yesterday were taking it’s toll on me. Funny how stress effects the body.

Every muscle in my body is screaming as well. I have this feeling that my remission for Fibromyalgia may have been a bit premature. I’m feeling like it’s hit me with a major flare today. But at least it’s not as bad as the flares of the past have been. I am still able to get up at a normal hour, shower, dress, and get myself to school. So it can’t be back full force as I would never have been able to go to school this time last year.

We had our amazingly good breakfast at school. We had a variety of healthy cereals, scrambled tofu, which surprised the heck out of me. It actually tasted quite good. There was this sprouted bread that had no yeast in it that tasted like a sinful dessert. We have to go shopping at Whole Foods and get some of these things.

Later we had some bananas, strawberries and kiwi (all organic) with some organic plain yogurt. It was yummy. At break we all had some filtered water with fresh organic lemon wedges. Seems that lemons are the number 1 alkalizing food and really good for you. The best is to drink the water with lemons in it within 30 minutes as the alkalizing factor weakens with time.

We studied the healing properties of grains today and WOW… what an eye-opener. I wish I could explain it all here, but it would just take way too much space. All I know is that I have to start eating more Millet and Rye. Millet does a great job strengthening the kidneys and is a natural diuretic and boy do I need that. Rye helps with muscles and helps liver stagnancy.

I still felt very out of sorts and emotional today. I have Clinic Day tomorrow and I don’t know how my back is going to hold out for it. What I would give for a massage right now. My body hurts so much today, all I want to do is go back to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: