Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My First Aromatherapy Case Study

Yesterday I had my first case study done at our Chiropractor’s clinic. And yes folks, it was on a woman. THANK GOD!!! So far, the only case studies I've done outside of school, was on my mom. The Aromatherapy treatment went rather well. I was a bit nervous, but soon fell in the swing of things. I only messed up one thing, I forgot to do the arm portion. Oh well, we were told that we could skip the arms if time was running out or the patient required more emphasis on other parts of the body.

My patient loved it. She said it was out of this world and she was sorry that it was over and would have loved another hour. It’s always good to get positive feedback. I gave her the aftercare instructions with a bottle of water and told her to drink lots of water. She complimented me and told me I was very kind. Wow, I didn’t expect that as I was just following the example of my teacher.

All in all it went very well and the patient is excited to come back next week. I would like to prepare a special blend for her as she suffers with migraines, but as I haven’t taken the blending class yet, I’m really not allowed to prepare blends for therapeutic use when it comes to treatments. I am, however, allowed to prepare as many products for sale as I wish, such as soaps, candles, lotions, massage oils, etc. I may just go ahead and prepare a blend for her to use without actually applying it during her treatment.

I am proud of myself for doing a good job and putting a smile on my patients face and helped her with her relaxation problem. All in all, a good day.

No comments: