Wednesday, July 27, 2005

How can something that tastes so good, be good for you?

Today was Nutrition class again. We were all to bring in our designated food items for a healthy lunch that we were going to have. As tomorrow Jason and I are leaving for our annual DML BBQ and off-road adventure, I couldn’t prepare any meals, but brought in a jar of organic Almond Butter.

The instructor brought in the most amazing and tasty meal. It was chick pea stew and it was heavenly. I never liked chick peas so this was a pleasant surprise. It was my absolute favorite. She even gave us all a copy of her recipe (with a lot of begging and nagging from the rest of the class – myself included).

She also prepared a cheesecake that was made from tofu. You would have never believed that there was no cream cheese in this dessert that tasted like it fell from heaven. If eating healthy can taste this good… please count me in!!!

I guess you just have to know how to prepare the food for it to taste so sinful. We spent the rest of the afternoon studying more on beans and preparing for a test next class on grains and beans/legumes. Next week the school is shut down so we’ll have an extra week to study. WHEW!!! I’ll need it.

No comments: