Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yet another difficult day :-(

Today just pain sucked. I think I did ok on the test, but won’t know until probably next week. We learned a lot about essential fatty acids, fats, and oils today. Some of which pretty much blew my mind. I think I’ll be throwing out all the cooking oil we have in the house and just buy a small portion of Extra Virgin Olive Oil that has been cold pressed. After learning about how the other oils are processed and how toxic they can be, especially if not stored in the fridge or exposed to light really opened my eyes. I’ll try to post about it when I have more time.

We were given yet another assignment which I will have to present on August 31st. Eeeek… another presentation that has to be around 30 minutes on vitamins. We were each assigned a vitamin or mineral to talk about. I lucked out and got Magnesium. This is one mineral that I happen to know a lot about as I’ve researched the heck out of it. Magnesium is one of the reasons my Fibromyalgia is in remission. Well, I don’t really think it’s in remission right now though.

All the stresses lately have really got me hurting a lot. After class I had an appointment with the Chiropractor. After my adjustments to my neck and lower back, he worked on my bad left leg. The muscles in this leg have gone into total spasm yet again. I thought we had this all working pretty well, until this Monday. The Osteopath worked on it for 50 minutes and finally got it to release, but it only lasted one day. Today the Chiropractor decided to really get this to release and with manipulation and extreme/painful pressure, got it to let go of the spasm in about 10 minutes.

This was horribly painful, but at least I can walk relatively normal again. This lopsided crap just has to go. His orders for me were to go home, ice the muscle, do my stretches and ice it again. Ok… there goes my homework time again, as this process takes about an hour. Instead of coming straight home, I had to pick up some supplies for my 2 assignments, and then I got home and did what I was told to.

Tomorrow is clinic day so I won’t have to worry about doing any of the class homework, but I do have to be ready to give 2 Aromatherapy treatments. Man, I hope my back holds out for this, right now it’s not very happy. I’ll have to remember to put the back support on for the clinic day tomorrow and to use the massager on my back tonight before I go to sleep.

Today’s depression hit a little harder. I found myself wanting to cry for no reason at all. I don’t want to go back on prescription drugs for this as the side effects are not something my health wants to deal with (weight gain, sugar cravings, etc.) I’m already taking 5-HTP, which is a natural anti-depressant that also helps with Fibromyalgia and I don’t want to stop taking it. I’ll have to research it and find out if I can up the dosage or not. Wish me luck.

No comments: