Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Reflexology

Yesterday was such a busy day; I pretty much collapsed when I got home. My first appointment was with the Chiropractor at 8:00am, which meant leaving the house much earlier than I’m used to. Reflexology class started today and it’s quite intense. One of the prerequisites for this class is Anatomy & Physiology, which I don’t start until October. My brain was totally fried by the time class was over at 4pm but I still had appointments to run to.

I had an appointment for massage therapy from 5pm to 6pm, then the Osteopath from 6pm until 7pm. I didn’t get home until 7:30 and still had all the regular chores to take care of along with my school homework and homework from the Osteopath and the Chiropractor. Needless to say, school homework lost out in the equation. There just isn’t enough time in the day to accomplish everything that needs to be done. I did however manage to get some studying done for the test in Nutrition on Wednesday.

Reflexology is amazing and so fascinating. I really love it. I hope I do well in this. This class requires 60 case studies to be done before taking the final and board exams. 30 of them have to be done outside of the classroom environment. I sure hope I can find 30 willing pairs of feet.

By the time I got home from school, I could tell that my mood isn’t right. I’ve been noticing a steady increase in depression over the last 2 weeks. I think I’m putting too much pressure on myself worrying about doing well in school, whether or not I can make a career out of this, and being able to pull in enough money to put some kind of dent in our financial debt. I worry so much about Jason as I know how much he is worrying and not telling me.

Today was day 2 of Reflexology and we actually got to practice some of the techniques on each other. It’s feels so absolutely wonderful. Only problem is that we each got only one foot done so we were all feeling a little lop-sided. I have an assignment due next Tuesday on the Digestive System. It has to be a presentation… eeek. I hate standing up and doing this kind of thing. Oh well, I better just get over it.

After school today, I managed to get all the daily chores done, now I will crash. My brain has switched off for the day. I need to be sharp for this test tomorrow.

No comments: