Monday, June 19, 2006

Yay for Burlington

We had to do some laundry at the laundromat yesterday. The dryer at our place was on the fritz (again) and our landlord is being his typically helpful self in getting it fixed (nine days and counting). But that's another rant.

The point of this post is that I accidentally left a nearly new box of fabric softener sheets at the laundromat when I was done. It's the hugest size we could find, but even so it's only worth about $6. I didn't even realize I had forgotten it until several hours later. We headed back over to the laundromat on the way to the grocery store, as much out of curiosity as anything. I guarantee if we had done something like that in Scarborough, it would have been gone in five minutes, just out of sheer principle. It doesn't matter how much something is worth, the "troubled youth" out there will steal it just because it isn't bolted to the floor, even if all they intend to do is pull the sheets out and scatter them all over the parking lot. However, in Burlington, our box of dryer sheets was sitting right where I left it. I don't think anyone even used any sheets out of it, and it looked like nobody so much as bothered to move it to the side so they could use the table it was on. They probably figured I had left it there to reserve the table, and respected that.

As I'm sure you guessed (by the fact that I'm bothering to talk about it), I was quite impressed.

No comments: