Saturday, September 15, 2007

Flight to Utah

We flew from Buffalo to Salt Lake today, with stops in Chicago and Denver. Why Buffalo? Well, Southwest doesn't fly in to Canada, for one thing. Flying from Buffalo was less than half the price of flying from Toronto. Plus, since it's a domestic flight, the amount of security nonsense was about a third of what it is when flying from Pearson. Crossing the border on the ground is much easier. The real question is why we didn't figure this out sooner. I guess when we were living in Scarborough we didn't feel like driving 2.5 hours to get to the airport. From Burlington it's only about 90 minutes. Plus, I have to be honest, Buffalo is not one of my favorite places. We took my truck because it doesn't really matter if that one gets stolen, I'll just collect the insurance money and get some POS car to drive to work in.

I did figure out how to tell that you're on a flight to Utah: the number of children under the age of six on the aircraft increases from 2 to 35.

I got a very good laugh out of the packets of honey roasted peanuts that Southwest gave us. They're clearly labeled "Honey Roasted Peanuts." The first ingredient is Peanuts. Then below that in the smaller print is this warning: "Produced in a facility that processes peanuts and other nuts." I, for one, am certainly very glad that the peanuts were processed in a facility that processes peanuts. I wouldn't have wanted my peanuts to have been processed in a gasoline refinery, or textile mill, or anything like that.

No comments: