Thursday, June 30, 2005

School is just... just... simply... FANTASTIC!

I know that I haven't posted anything is quite some time and I apologize for that. School has been keeping me pretty busy and I'm enjoying every precious moment of it. I guess I’ve found my calling. I know there are many out there that don’t really believe or care for Alternative Medicine, but I find it just simply fascinating.

Aromatherapy seems to be in my blood and I just never knew it. They say we change careers many times in our lifetime, I guess this is #3 for me. My old career in the computer world holds no interest for me any more. I just can’t cope with the way big business works and the politics involved. Something in the pit of my stomach just wants to heave when I start hearing all those “corporate buzz words” and the games they play. I just can’t hack injustice and lying to make a buck no matter who you have to step on to get it. Oh well… enough of my ranting :-)

Years ago I took a test to see which side of my brain I use the most. The last 2 times I took this test, I scored 54% left and 46% right. From what I remember, the left is the logical & scientific side and the right is the emotional & artistic side. Seems I’m pretty darned close to the middle each time. I guess that explains why my paintings were so annoying to me. My trees were just not perfectly logical… LOL. I kept tearing apart my work in seek of perfection. Yup… you guessed it… I’m a perfectionist :-)

Aromatherapy seems to fill the needs on both sides of my brain. The logical/scientific side is loving the chemistry, botany, anatomy & physiology of it, while the right side is loving the emotions and aromas. The fact that I can actually help people is the icing on the cake. I can now see a future helping those that suffer from stress, arthritis, Fibromyalgia, water retention, etc. As I’m entering Fibromyalgia remission and feeling better and better every day, it sure would do my soul good to be able to possible help others reach that same point. I won’t kid you and say I feel great all the time, but what a change!!!! I still get pain and achy, but when I allow myself to recover and recoup with rest, all seems to fall into place again. Muscles let go of their spasms and pain eases. I still rely on the occasional Tylenol #3, but not to the extent of the past.

I still have a long way to go to get my lower back stronger, but with chiropractic adjustments and massage therapy… and let’s not forget my little personal trainer from hell. Amy may be one of “those” people (body builder), but she honestly and genuinely is trying to help me get stronger. Today is one of those… OUCHIE days. I finished a full day at the school on a “clinic day” and I’m beat. I just want to curl up in bed and sleep. In fact, I may just do that and go take a nap.

I’ve also signed up for Reflexology at the school. I start August 8th and finish by the 30th. I’ll have a mid-term, final, and written test for the board to get certified along with 60 case studies. If all goes well, I’ll be able to work part-time as a Reflexologist while continuing the Aromatherapy program. I feel guilty that I have been unable to work for so long and depending on Jason for everything while I was so sick. I know we said “in sickness and in health”, but it still eats away at me that I’ve put us into such financial debt. It really sucks. Jason has been so wonderful and supportive while I know how stressful and difficult this has been for him. I know for a fact, once I start earning some money that this burden on him will ease some until we get ourselves debt-free.

What’s been eating at me even more lately is that my starting school has delayed our plans to move to the U.S. Some days I feel like such a heel. I know how much Jason wants this as do I, and now I’ve delayed us by at least 1 year. I will try not to dwell on this negativity and I’ll work my butt off to get Jason back to where he is comfortable. Nothing is more important to me than his health and happiness… and damn it… I’ll do whatever it takes to make him happy.
Ok… I’ve blabbered on long enough. I really should go for a nap. I have much more news regarding school and the future that I want to write in this blog. It’s soooooo exciting :-)

No comments: